VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, April 16, 2003
 
 
Cluetrain manifesto
I know I'm years behind the times on this one, but I just read the (print version) of the Cluetrain Manifesto. I was impressed. It seems to be telling truths about the online world that companies (and individuals for that matter) need to think about. We're all networked now. I guess it expressed things which I've intuitively felt about my working world, but couldn't put into words - the sense of being just as connected to people who are outside our organisation, even those who work for rival organisations, as I am to people within it. Often, I have better working relationships with, and am closer to, my counterparts in other libraries than to people who work down the hall from me.

Anyway. Cluetrain. Worth reading - the online version just gives the manifesto, rather than the whole book which they wrote about it. Nice to see they've got a sense of humour, linking to this parody site (also well worth a read).


|


Comments: Post a Comment