VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, May 02, 2003
"15/15? That's like, 95% or something"....  
 
Got my first grades back for my first MLIS course (Information Technology). I did pretty damn well. 15 out of 15, in fact. I'm pleased. The assignments weren't exactly difficult though. For example, one of them involved building a mini webpage, but the only HTML required was < h 1 > and < u l > and < a href >. I've found creating and editing my weblogs, even using Blogger, about 5 times harder than that assignment. And the others involved things like searching Te Puna, the National Library's online catalogue. I've been using it for over a year, so no real difficulties there. I'm not complaining about easy grades, but its a pity the course isn't a bit more challenging.


|


Comments: Post a Comment