VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, June 02, 2003
(personal) don't stand too close to a naked librarian  
 
I'd gone to bed around 11.30 and I guess I'd fallen asleep, because I'm in half a dream state and I hear knocking on the front door. I wait awhile but it doesn't go away, so I get up to answer it in a daze, still half asleep.

Some girl is standing there with a pizza. She asks if Fabi (my flatmate) is home and I sort of point vaguely up the stairs, mumbling that she should just go ahead up to her room. Then I notice she's looking at me funny. Then I notice that, while I'm wearing a t-shirt, I'm not wearing anything else. But I'm still half asleep, so I'm still trying to tell her to come in. She's looking unsure for some reason (like, there's an overweight hairy guy with no pants mumbling incoherently at her).

Eventually I get it figured out and disappear into my room, coming back with a towel round my waist, which seems to reassure her, as she heads upstairs. Now I think about it, I should have scared the hell out of her and taken her pizza, but hindsight's always 20/20.


|


Comments: Post a Comment