VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, July 18, 2003
E-government "needs rebooting"  
 
The BBC reports that a UK think tank is arguing that e-literate people should be forced to go online to use public services. "Savings from making the middle classes do things like file their tax returns online can help improve other services for those uncomfortable with computers, says the Work Foundation."

Heh. I used to work for the Work Foundation, and I didn't even click that it was their report until I'd posted this.

I don't recognise the author's name, but I like the way he's thinking.


|


Comments: Post a Comment