VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, July 24, 2003
(personal) Not posting much....  
 
My home PC is on the blink, so I can't get online there (not a big deal as it was 3 1/2 years old and approaching the point where it was going to be given to charity, but inconvenient). I'm house and cat-sitting for my friend Mary, I've got huge amounts of work to do before I go to the US, and I'm trying to fit regular physical activity into my day (the theory that exercise helps your mental state is true, I think). Which means that I have almost zero time to post at the moment, which is frustrating, because I do have a few things I want to talk about (like why this blog shows up so high in so many Google searches - not actually a good thing to realise that my reposts of news stories actually rank higher than the original stories - something's not right there).

All I will say right now is: the combination of Hubmed (http://www.pmbrowser.info/) and Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com) is working wonders for me in terms of current awareness.


|


Comments: Post a Comment