VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, July 27, 2003
(technology) Shrinking attention spans and info overload  
 
Seen on TVC Alert an article from the Globe and Mail, suggesting that there's a downside to ICT - we no longer find it easy to concentrate on one thing at once, we have shorter attention spans and prefer to multitask. (Actually, I find this article reassuring - I thought I was bad because I'd never watch a TV programme without reading a book at the same time, but the author is in a whole other league from me). Worth thinking about though. (I think it was Schenk in 'Data Smog' who said that over-reliance on ICT is giving us all ADHD.)


|


Comments: Post a Comment