VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, September 17, 2003
(RSS) Hand-coded my first RSS feed....  
 
I mentioned a few months ago that the NZ e-government unit was recommending that government agencies create news feeds using RSS 1.0. The feeds would then be displayed on the NZ government portal . After some playing around, and with help from the e-gov unit, I've managed to code a newsfeed from our site. I'm pleased. It's the first time I've actually used this technology for something related to work, as opposed to my own professional development/interest.

It won't be the last though. We're planning on building a page on our website to display imported feeds relevant to our work. Should be a good project.


|


Comments: Post a Comment