VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Mainly for my own reference: The next generation  
 
Library Journal has an article titled Born with the Chip, which discusses the characteristics of the new generation of library patrons - those who were born into the digital generation, and have different expectations from the rest of us. I feel like I'm on a cusp between the internet and non-internet generations. On the one hand, I'm comfortable on the net/web, I'm old enough to remember making the switch between text-only and graphical browsers. On the other, I'm still not really comfortable with chat, TXT-speak, etc. But these are things I am going to have to be able to work with.

Maybe I should start referring to myself as part of the 'Cusp Generation' (I'm a year or so too old to qualify as NexGen, apparently).


|


Comments: Post a Comment