VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
When even MS is criticising IE...  
 
You know you have problems. Following the recent, well-reported security problems in Internet Explorer, Microsoft's Slate recommends switching to Firefox. I've been using Firefox 0.9 at home for a while, and I like it. Others with more tech-savvy than me disagree, claiming variously that Mozilla (David) or Firefox 0.8 (Sri) is the way to go. Whichever way you cut it, for a piece of software that hasn't even hit version 1.0 yet, Firefox is pretty good.

My only problem? I've just switched over to wireless broadband with Woosh, which is a great improvement on dial-up, but doesn't play well with Firefox. So I'm typing this in IE. *spit, curse*.


|