VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, September 18, 2004
Mozilla Firefox - Live Bookmarks  
 
The latest version of Firefox (Pre-release 1.0) is out now. I've only just downloaded it and I'm not enough of a tech-head to give a full review, but one feature seems very very cool indeed:

Live Bookmarks are basically RSS feeds that sit in your Bookmarks folder. Subscribe to a feed, and the feed becomes a top-level bookmark. Any posts within that feed become sub-bookmarks, under the feed. And they update in real time.

Not 100% necessary for me, seeing as I use Bloglines and check it regularly if I'm online, but this is still a cool app, and obviously not everyone wants a Bloglines account.


|