VALISblog

Vast Active Library and Information Science blog. From a recent library science graduate in Wellington, New Zealand. A focus on reference and current awareness tools and issues, especially free, web-based resources.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Google Desktop Search Launches  
 
I'm late (very) to this, so I'll just point you to John Battelle's Searchblog for a good, lengthy article.

And mention that I downloaded the application, but had to unistall it after some driver problems. Which I'm not certain were linked to this app, but only appeared after I d/l'd it, and disappeared as soon as I uninstalled it. Mind you, Battelle says it only works in IE, and I think I was trying to run it in Firefox. *shrug*. Probably worth a look - I liked the results I was getting in the brief play I had with it.

[edit: fixed spelling in first line, "too" to "to"]


|